Skip to main content
emoji_people   Now is the perfect time to order your Christmas Prints and Gifts from our collection   card_giftcard
Home > Images Dated > 2011 > February

Images Dated 2011 February

Choose from 89 pictures in our Images Dated 2011 February collection for your Wall Art or Photo Gift. All professionally made for Quick Shipping.

Moss Keane and Andy Haden compete for the ball in 1978 Featured February Image

Moss Keane and Andy Haden compete for the ball in 1978

Rugby Union - 1978 New Zealand Tour of Britain and Ireland - Ireland 6 New Zealand 10
Ireland's Moss Keane catches the ball under pressure from New Zealand's Andy Haden at Landsdowne Road, Dublin

© Colorsport

All Blacks

Bill Beaumont and Fran Cotton during the 1980 County Championship Final Featured February Image

Bill Beaumont and Fran Cotton during the 1980 County Championship Final

Rugby Union - 1980 Thorn EMI County Championship Final - Lancashire 21 Gloucestershire 15
Left to right during the game at the Vale of Lune: Gloucester's Phil Blakeway, Lancashire's Bill Beaumont and Fran Cotton, and Gloucester's Nigel Pomphrey at the Vale of Lune

© Colorsport

England - 1902 British Home Championship Featured February Image

England - 1902 British Home Championship

Football - 1902 British Home Championship - England 2 Scotland 2 (replay)
The England Team Group before the game at Villa Park.
Back( l-r): William George (Aston Villa), Robert Bob Crompton (Blackburn), Albert Wilkes (Aston Villa), George Molyneux (Southampton), Frank Forman (Nottingham Forest), Albert (Kelly) Houlker (Southampton, Blackburn & Portsmouth).
Front: William Hogg (Sunderland), Steve Bloomer (Derby & Middlesbrough), William Beats (Wolverhampton), James Settle (Bury & Everton), John Cox (Liverpool).
The 1902 British Home Championship was dominated and overshadowed by a disaster during the final deciding match between England and Scotland at Ibrox Park, which claimed 25 lives. Six minutes into the game, a section of the wooden West Tribune Stand suddenly collapsed due to heavy rainfall the night before. Over 500 people were injured as the stadium was packed to its 68, 000 capacity for the match. Although play was stopped in the immediate aftermath of the disaster as players, police and stewards rushed to aid the injured, it was later continued. The continued match finished 1-1 despite the players reluctance and repeated pauses to allow police and injured spectators to cross the pitch.
After the match the Scottish and English Football Associations decided to void the result, and the match was replayed at Villa Park. All proceeds from the replay were contribued to the Disaster Fund set up to aid victims of the accident

© Colorsport